Creamy garlic shrimp is a delicious, quick and easy 15-minute meal (including prep!) that you need to include in your weeknight dinner meal plan.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 + 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded (or grated Parmesan cheese)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil is sizzling hot. Add shrimp and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and are fully cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- Add butter and garlic to the same skillet and sauté until fragrant, about one minute. Add wine and stir well to combine, about one minute.
- Add heavy cream, Italian seasoning and white cheddar. Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss well to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.
How to store: Store creamy garlic shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
How to reheat: Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until shrimp is warmed through, or in the microwave. The sauce may have thickened up in the refrigerator, so add a little water to thin out the sauce a bit until you achieve a desired consistency.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy garlic shrimp, creamy garlic shrimp for pasta, easy garlic shrimp, creamy shrimp, shrimp in a creamy sauce