Cilantro lime rice a is fresh, bright and vibrant side dish that will add extra flavour to any meal you serve it with. It's a quick, easy, one pot recipe.
- 1 + 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 2 + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- lime zest from one lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a medium sized cooking pot, wash the rice thoroughly and drain. Add water, olive oil, garlic and salt., and give it a good stir. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is soft and fluffy. Add lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro, and toss to combine. Fluff with a fork and serve.
How to store: Store cilantro lime rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4. days.
How to reheat: Reheat rice by steaming it in a steamer, or putting it in a microwave-safe container and covering it with a damp paper towel. Ensure there are no gaps for air to escape. Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments or until you notice steam rising from the paper towel. This method steams the rice, so it is soft and light instead of hard and dry. You could also reheat over the stove but you may need to add some water to soften it up a bit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: cilantro lime rice, mexican rice, rice with cilantro and lime juice, mexican cilantro lime rice, lime cilantro rice, how to make mexican rice