Butternut squash salad is a light meal that's loaded with fall flavors — roasted butternut squash, baby kale, walnuts, dried cranberries, and feta.
- 1/2 large butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (5 oz.) package baby kale
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (+more to top), crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together butternut squash, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a quarter sheet baking pan and roast for 30 minutes until tender. You could also pop it into the air fryer in a single layer at 400 F for 12-15 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine baby kale, walnuts, dried cranberries, and feta cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle more feta on top, if desired.
How to serve: With so many nutrients, this butternut squash salad makes a great meal on its own, whether you’re eating it for lunch, dinner, or something in between. Consider serving it at a holiday dinner or potluck, or up the ingredients by adding a protein like salmon or chicken.
How to store: Fully assembled, this butternut squash salad will last in the fridge for about 1-2 days. If you plan to make this ahead of time, I recommend assembling everything except the dressing, which will make the greens soggy over time. You can make the salad ahead of time and store in a mini sauce container.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: butternut squash salad, roasted butternut squash salad, how to make butternut squash salad, fall salad with butternut squash