Air fryer butternut squash is a healthy side dish that is crispy on the outside and soft inside. It's faster than roasting in the oven and needs less oil.
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1/2 medium butternut squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pumpkin seeds (optional, for serving)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients including butternut squash, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to the basket of the air fryer and arrange in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you make need to do this in 2 batches. Air fry at 400F for 12-15 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds on top.
How to serve: Butternut squash is very versatile. It goes great with chicken, fish, beef, pork, other veggies, and starches like potatoes, pasta, and rice. I often make this and serve it in a delicious Fall Harvest Salad.
How to store: Before storing air fryer butternut squash, allow it to cool to room temperature completely. Then, place it in an airtight container for up to three to four days and store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer butternut squash, how to air fry butternut squash, butternut squash in the air fryer, air fried butternut squash