The perfect weeknight meal is born this fall when pumpkin, tomato sauce and sage come together to create a delicious, creamy pumpkin pasta!
- 1 (13 oz. or 375 g) package uncooked pasta (I used gluten-free spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves, minced (about 3-4 leaves)
- 1 cup Prego Farmers' Market® tomato & basil sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional for topping)
- 1-2 tablespoons sage leaves, minced (optional for topping)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium high. Add the garlic and sage and sauté for about 20-30 seconds until soft and fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add Prego Farmers' Market® tomato & basil sauce, pumpkin puree, stock, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and cinnamon. (If the sauce is too thick, add some water).
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle on some grated Parmesan cheese and minced sage (optional) and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian