Entertaining has never been easier with this delicious, fresh and simple Italian appetizer. Try an easy tomato bruschetta with balsamic glaze today!
- 1 cup tomatoes, pitted and diced (about 4 roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced (about 1/4 red onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 loaf of French baguette, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to combine and store in the refrigerator for one hour (you don’t have to wait this long, but it is recommended to bring out all the flavours).
- In a small sauce pan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it boils. Continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Pour the glaze into a small bowl and set aside. The glaze will continue to thicken when removed from heat.
Make the Bruschetta:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and garlic powder.
- Brush the top side of each baguette slice with the olive oil mixture.
- Place slices onto a lined baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Top each slice with a spoonful of the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze onto each bruschetta and serve.