The Perfect Greek Salad: Juicy tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, crisp red onions, romaine lettuce, savoury olives and crumbled feta cheese drenched in a lemon vinaigrette.
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (roughly 1 small red onion)
- 1 and 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced and chopped into quarters (roughly 1 medium cucumber)
- 1/4 cup whole Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the sweet lemon vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, olives and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, make the lemon vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Add more black pepper to taste.