The perfect Greek salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, green peppers, romaine lettuce, olives and feta cheese tossed in a lemon vinaigrette.
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (roughly 1 small red onion)
- 1 + 1/2 cups cucumber, sliced and chopped into quarters (roughly 1 medium cucumber)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, olives and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, make the lemon vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Add more black pepper to taste.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: greek salad, easy greek salad, mediterranean salad, greek food