You don’t need to be vegetarian to enjoy a protein-packed, juicy and flavourful homemade veggie burger with lima beans.
Lima bean patties:
- 2 cups of Easy Lima Beans, cooled for at least an hour
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper powder (use less if you don’t like spicy)
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- avocado, mashed
- leafy greens
- Drain out any excess water from the Easy Lima Beans.
- In a large bowl, mash the lima beans using a potato masher.
- Add the quinoa, red pepper powder, paprika and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Add in the bread crumbs and egg and mix well.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into tight balls and form patties.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook each patty for 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Serve the patties on a salad or in a burger.