Watermelon feta salad with cucumbers and mint is a simple and delicious refreshing summer salad that you can toss together in 5 minutes.
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes or balled
- 1 English cucumber, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl or serving platter, add watermelon, cucumber, mint, and feta cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk to combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired, to taste. Sprinkle with extra feta cheese if desired and serve immediately.
The easiest way to cut your melon (if you don’t have a melon baller) is to slice it in half. Then, cut the halves into thirds or quarters lengthwise (depending on the side of your melon). Then, slice off the rind from the meat with a large knife. Now, you can simply slice the soft melon into squares instead of cutting through the rind each time you slice the watermelon.
Make ahead instructions: To make ahead, you can prep the ingredients (cube the watermelon and cucumbers), and make the dressing. Store the salad ingredients in a separate airtight container from the dressing. When ready to serve, toss everything together. I would not recommend tossing together and storing before serving.
How to store: Watermelon feta salad tastes best fresh, within the first 1-2 hours of preparing it. If you do have leftovers, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Note that the longer you store, the soggier the salad can get.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, watermelon salad with cucumber and mint, watermelon cucumber feta salad, summer salad, summer fruit salad with watermelon