There’s nothing better on a hot day than a cold and refreshing vegan soba noodle salad, tossed with fresh vegetables and a delicious saucy dressing.
- 6 oz. buckwheat soba noodles (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and thinly shredded
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon tahini sauce (or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black rice vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium high heat. Add soba noodles and and cook fully according to package directions, about 7-8 minutes. Stir occasionally to help separate the noodles. Once cooked, rinse under cold water and drain well in a colander.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk together until blended and smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, add soba noodles, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, cilantro, sesame seeds and dressing. Toss well to coat and serve immediately.
airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.: You can store vegan soba noodle salad in an
Made-ahead tips: You can make this salad up to 3 days ahead of time. For the best results, you can wait to add in the cucumber and cilantro as they may absorb more water the longer they sit. Either way, it's still delicious.
Add in extra protein: For a vegan- and vegetarian-friendly protein, try tofu or chickpeas. If you are not vegan, add in any protein that you like, such as chicken satay, roasted pork, pan-seared salmon, or shrimp.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: vegan soba noodle salad, cold noodle salad, asian cold noodle salad, japanese cold noodle salad, vegan noodle salad