Get your hands on pantry staple canned tuna and make a delicious, crunchy tuna melt grilled cheese sandwich in less than 10 minutes! It's so tasty and easy!
- 1 can white tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 slices of toast bread
- 4 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp (yellow) cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise and green onions. Set aside.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each of the 4 slices of bread and pace them on a plate, butter side facing down. Divide white cheddar equally onto 2 of the slices. Top those same 2 slices with an even layer of the tuna mixture, and shredded cheddar. Top each with the remaining slice of bread (butter side on top).
- Heat a skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tuna melt, tuna sandwich, canned tuna, tuna recipes, tuna grilled cheese, grilled cheese sandwich