Quick, easy, and simple, vegan tofu and mushroom stir fry is a delicious meal that is ready in under 15 minutes. Serve it over a bowl of steamed rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms or brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 4 baby bok choy or sui choy, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or black rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a large wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and tofu and stir to cook until nicely browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add bok choy and stir fry for 2 minutes, allowing it to soften.
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar and pepper. Mix well until evenly distributed. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Tofu and mushroom stir fry tastes best fresh, but you can certainly store leftovers for another day. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
How to reheat: You can reheat leftovers on the stovetop or in the microwave:
- To reheat on the stove: Reheat in a wok or skillet over medium-low heat until thoroughly warmed, about 5-10 minutes. You can reheat leftover rice at the the same time too if you want everything mixed together.
- To reheat in the microwave: Place in a microwave-safe bowl, cover the entire bowl with a damp paper towel and reheat in 15-second increments until hot. This will steam the leftovers and prevent them from drying out.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: tofu and mushroom stir fry, chinese stir fry with tofu and mushrooms, vegan stir fry with tofu, easy chinese stir fry