The best egg salad sandwich is well balanced with fresh flavours of chives, creamy eggs with mayo, and crisp and crunchy cucumbers and spinach.
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped or shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, finely sliced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 long baguettes cut in half or 4 small baguettes
- 1 small cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs and mayonnaise using a fork. If salad seems dry, add more mayonnaise to reach desired consistency. Mix in the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble sandwiches, cut your baguettes in half length-wise. Spread the egg salad mixture over the bottom halves of the baguettes, add slices of cucumber and spinach leaves. Sandwich with the top halves of the baguettes and serve.