No holiday table is complete without a serving of the best and creamiest mashed potatoes. These potatoes are so velvety and so smooth!
- 3 lbs. yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (approx. 4 large potatoes)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup (or 2 ounces) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water to cover potatoes by about an inch. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes soft when you insert a fork.
- Drain potatoes and place back in the pot. Using a potato masher (or a fork), mash the potatoes.
- Using an electric hand mixer, add in the butter and cream cheese and mix until melted and incorporated into the potatoes.
- Slowly add in the cream and continue to whisk with the electric mixer. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish, garnish with parsley and serve hot!