Tex Mex egg muffins are a delicious, filling, and healthy breakfast or snack. They are light and fluffy, perfect for meal prep, and freezer-friendly.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded Tex Mex cheese, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
For the taco seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-cup silicone muffin pan generously with cooking spray oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 cup cheese, bell pepper, green onion, and taco seasoning until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling it about 3/4 full to prevent overflow. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until fully set. Let the egg muffins cool slightly, then serve.
* Taco seasoning: You can replace the listed spices with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning.
How to store: Keep leftover egg muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Allow them to cool to room temperature before wrapping individually in plastic wrap or storing in an airtight container.
How to freeze: Allow the egg bites to cool completely, then wrap them the individually in plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2-3 months
How to reheat: You can eat these Tex Mex egg muffins cold (especially if you’re in a hurry), or you can reheat them in the microwave for 10-30 seconds on low to medium heat. For best results, pop them in a 350F oven for 10 minutes, or air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tex mex egg muffins, mexican egg muffins, how to make egg muffins, tex mex egg bites, mexican style egg bites