One pot sweet potato soup is super silky, creamy and vegan, and packed with fall flavours. Make this quick and easy fall and winter soup in 30 minutes.
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cubed (approximately 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italiano seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- green onions, sliced
- white sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large cooking pot over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots. Sauté for 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently for even cooking.
- Add sweet potato and stir to combine, about 1 minute. Then, add vegetable broth, Italiano seasoning, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup in the pot using an immersion blender, or transfer the soup to a heavy duty blender and puree in batches. If the soup is too thick, add more broth or water to thin it out.
- Serve in bowls topped with roasted peanuts, sliced green onions and white sesame seeds.
How to store: You can easily store this soup by placing the pot (covered) in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or transferring the soup to an airtight container and storing in the fridge.
How to freeze: To freeze, transfer soup to an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator or on the kitchen counter. Then reheat on the stove and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato soup, easy sweet potato soup, vegan sweet potato soup, creamy sweet potato soup, fall soup, vegan fall soup