This Summer Fruit Salad is colorful, delicious, and naturally sweet (no processed sugar!). It's easy to make with fresh fruit tossed in a homemade dressing.
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, halved (approximately 12 strawberries)
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 kiwi, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup mango, cubed (approximately 1 mango)
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Arrange all the fruit in a large serving bowl (strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, kiwi, mango, and grapes). You can throw the fruit together or create a fruit rainbow, separating the fruit into rows.
- In a small mixing bowl, add honey and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Pour dressing over the fruit and toss to combine.
Shake things up: If you want to add even more visual interest and you have extra time on your hands, use cookie cutters to cut some of the fruit into fun shapes like hearts, stars, or triangles for cool variations that will wow the crowd every time.
Use pre-cut fruit: In a pinch, you can save even more time on prep by shopping for pre-cut fruits in the produce section of your local grocery store — just be sure to check the “prepared on” date to ensure you’re getting the freshest fruit possible, as well as the ingredients list to make sure there aren’t any other ingredients added, like preservatives to maintain color.
How to store: Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to five days. Give the salad a good toss before serving.
How to freeze: Unfortunately, this fruit salad won’t come out of the freezer in the same state it went in. The texture may change slightly after thawing. However, that doesn’t mean that freezing is out of the question! Frozen fruit salad could make an excellent addition to smoothies or serve as a base for quick fruit reductions for desserts and breakfasts. Just pop into a freezer storage bag and leave frozen for up to three months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer fruit salad, fruit salad, how to make fruit salad, homemade fruit salad, fruit salad recipe, dressing for fruit salad