The greenest and most vibrant spinach and green pea soup is extremely healthy, nutrient-dense and packed with flavour. Make a pot of this soup today!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk (only white creamy part)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon green peas
- baby spinach leaves
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add green peas and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Then add coconut milk and chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, add spinach and cilantro. Puree soup using an immersion blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Season with sweet paprika, curry, and chilli powders. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup between two serving bowls. Top up with a swirl of coconut milk, some spinach leaves and a few green peas. You can even add more chilli powder for a bit of a kick. Serve warm.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American