Are you a fan of carrot cake? Then you will be a fan of these warm, lightened up, spiced carrot muffins which will satisfy even your strongest cravings!
- 2 + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature (or 1 cup heavy cream + juice of 1/4 of a lemon)
- 1 + 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla, brown sugar, and buttermilk (or heavy cream with lemon juice). Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula until most of the flour is mixed in. Add grated carrots and fold in until just combined.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray the inside with nonstick baking spray. Spoon enough batter into each mold so they are 90% full. Bake on a rack in the top third of your oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot muffins, carrot cake muffins, carrot cake, spiced carrot muffins, healthy carrot muffins