Homemade slow cooker applesauce is full of flavour, easy to make, and takes only a few minutes of your time! Make this essential fall ingredient today!
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for four hours or on low for 6 hours.
- For a chunky applesauce, leave as is. For a smooth applesauce, transfer into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Allow sauce to cool and divide into containers for easy storage and use.
- You can store the applesauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze applesauce for up to 3 months.
- This applesauce can be canned for longer storage.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker applesauce, applesauce, slow cooker, fall recipe, apple recipe, slow cooker recipes, how to make applesauce