Quick and easy shrimp tacos with lime crema slaw are ready in less than 30 minutes and are packed with flavourful crispy shrimp and creamy cabbage slaw.
- 1 lb. large white shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (approximately juice from 1/4 lime)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder (or more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Lime Crema Slaw:
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) soft tacos
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lime wedges
- Prepare the shrimp: In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Toss to combine. Let it sit for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Then, cook in a 350 F air fryer for 13 minutes, shaking the basket halfway. See notes for pan frying or grilling the shrimp instead.
- Make the lime crema slaw: In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt. In a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, cilantro, and garlic. Pour in half the lime crema sauce into the slaw and toss to combine. Save the rest of the sauce to drizzle on top.
- Heat the soft tortillas: Heat the soft tortillas according to the package instructions, or heat in an ungreased skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds per side. You can also heat it directly on a gas burner for a few seconds to get char marks on the edges.
- Assemble the tacos: Add a spoonful of slaw to each taco, top with 4 shrimp, sliced avocado, and drizzle a spoonful of sauce on top. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
How to pan-fry the shrimp. Heat some oil a large skillet and over medium heat. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook for 6-8 minutes until shrimp are pink cooked through.
How to grill the shrimp. Thread the seasoned shrimp onto skewers and place them on a grill over medium high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp and pink and cooked through.
How to serve shrimp tacos. Serve with a side of homemade guacamole or pico de gallo salsa for extra dipping.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: shrimp tacos, tacos, lime crema, mexican tacos, taco tuesday