Shrimp taco salad with cilantro lime dressing is flavourful, delicious, and easy to make. It has all the fixings and of shrimp tacos, but without the mess.
For the shrimp:
- 1 pound white shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional for a kick)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 6-7 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned or cooked from frozen)
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed (or tortilla strips)
- 1/2 cup creamy cilantro lime dressing
- lime wedges (optional, for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes (if you have the time).
- Cook the shrimp in the oven, air fryer, or over the stove.
- To cook in the oven: Spread the shrimp evenly on a parchment lined quarter sheet baking pan and bake in a 400 F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp turns pink.
- To cook in the air fryer: Cook the shrimp in the air fryer at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket once halfway through.
- To cook on the stovetop: Sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until shrimp turns pink and nicely browned.
- In a large serving bowl, add all salad ingredients including lettuce, tomatoes, purple cabbage, avocado, corn, tortilla chips (or tortilla strips), and cooked shrimp.
- Drizzle cilantro lime dressing on top and toss to combine.
How to substitute with other protein: If you are craving this salad but are thinking of using other protein, you totally can. Consider using salmon, cod, scallops, or another one of your favorite kinds of seafood in its place. Keep in mind that this recipe is designed to let the flavor of the shrimp come through, so proteins like chicken or beef are not the best substitution.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (+15 minutes if marinating)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: shrimp taco salad, taco salad with shrimp, easy shrimp salad, mexican shrimp salad, mexican salad with shrimp