Velvety, smooth, and creamy, this savoury mashed sweet potatoes dish is quick and easy and can be made ahead of time -- it is the perfect side for your holiday meal.
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes (approximately 2 large), peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons green onions (green parts)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water to cover potatoes by about an inch. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until tender and soft when you insert a fork, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Drain sweet potatoes and place back in the pot. Mash them using a potato masher (or a fork).
- Add in the butter and stir until melted and incorporated into the sweet potatoes. Slowly add in the milk and continue to stir. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with extra green onions and serve warm.
- Store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish