Easy salami and mushroom skillet pizza with a crispy pizza crust, mushrooms, salami, and fresh mozzarella is ready on the skillet in about 10 minutes.
- 250 grams pizza dough
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2-3 cremini (brown) mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 75 grams salami, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Turn the oven broiler to high. Heat a cast-iron skillet on the stove, over medium-high heat.
- Transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Sprinkle some flour if needed to prevent stickiness.
- Have your pizza sauce and ingredients prepped and ready close by. Once the skillet is hot, place the flattened dough onto the skillet. Stretch out the dough a bit more to let it spread over the entire skillet. Quickly add the pizza sauce and spread evenly over the pizza crust. Place sliced mushrooms, salami, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves on top.
- Leave the pizza to cook on the skillet for 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust starts to brown.
- Transfer the cast-iron skillet to the preheated broiler and cook for 3 minutes or until the crust is blistered and slightly charred. Keep your eye closely on the broil, because the intense heat can make pizza crust burn quite quickly.
- Remove the skillet and transfer the pizza onto a cutting board. Slice pizza into 4-6 pieces with a knife or pizza cutter and serve.
Use am oven-safe skillet. I recommend using a cast-iron skillet. It makes things so easy because you can easily transfer the pizza from the stovetop to the oven without taking it out of the skillet. If you don't have a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, you can use a regular skillet, and carefully transfer the pizza to a parchment-lined baking sheet to broil.
Make your own pizza dough. If you have the time, I recommend making your own pizza dough. It really makes a difference in the taste and texture of the pizza. I used my sourdough pizza dough which yields an airy and chewy crust with great flavour.
Prep your ingredients before you start. Have your pizza sauce and toppings prepped and close by before you start. Once your pizza dough hits the skillet, you will need to add the sauce, mushrooms and mozzarella immediately.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: salami and mushroom skillet pizza, easy skillet pizza, skillet pizza, neapolitan pizza, skillet neapolitan pizza, mushroom pizza, salami pizza