Celebrate fall this year with think and dense, yet surprisingly light, pumpkin pie bundt cake with cream cheese glaze. Can you think of a more perfect pair?
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin pie mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix*
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Place sugar, brown sugar, and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment fitted. Beat until well combined, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to mix fully before adding the next.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract, then beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, pumpkin pie spice mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on low, add a third of the flour mixture, then half of the buttermilk. Repeat with remaining flour and buttermilk, ending with the flour. Scrape down sides, then mix once more.
- Spoon cake into prepared bundt pan, then bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto rack and cool completely before glazing.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, then whisk until smooth. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, and whisk until desired thickness is reached. Drizzle on top of cooled cake.
You can make your own pumpkin pie spice mix by mixing together a few spices. See above in post for instructions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking