Smooth and creamy pesto hummus is a healthy, delicious and flavourful dip that is easy to make in just 5 minutes. It's keto and gluten-free.
- 1 (400 ml) can chickpeas, drained (reserve 5 tablespoons of the liquid and some chickpeas for garnish)
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (plus more for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- roasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Place all ingredients (chickpeas, reserved liquid, basil pesto, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt) into a blender or food processor. Puree until well blended and creamy.
- Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle some olive oil on top. Garnish with reserved chickpeas, roasted sesame seeds, and a few spoonfuls of pesto, if desired.
How to serve: You can serve this pesto hummus as a dip or spread in almost any kind of bread. Some of my favourites are sourdough crackers, pita bread, naan flatbread, or sourdough. Or keep this snack completely gluten-free by serving it with fruit and veggies.
How to store: Store pesto hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
How to freeze: You can freeze hummus in an airtight container for up to 3 months in the freezer. To serve, let it thaw in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Category: Dips
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Lebanese
Keywords: pesto hummus, basil pesto hummus, hummus, hummus dip, chickpea dip, tahini dip, vegan dip