Oreo Truffles (Cookie Balls) are a quick and easy no bake dessert that is rich, sweet, fudgy, and delicious — and made with just 3 simple ingredients.
- 1 (14 ounce) package oreos (36 oreos)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 block)
- 12 ounces white chocolate (or white candy melts)
- Add oreos to a food processor or blender and mix on low until crumbled. You can also transfer cookies to a large ziploc bag, seal the bag, and roll a rolling pin on top to crush into crumbs. Remove 2 tablespoons and set aside (for topping the truffles later).
- Add cream cheese and and mix on low until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to take a tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to roll into balls. Place the cookie balls on a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl. You can melt it in a double broiler by placing the bowl on a steamer basket, over a small pot of boiling water, or melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Dip each chilled ball into the melted white chocolate to fully coat and scoop it out with a fork allowing any excess chocolate to drip back in the bowl. Place back on the lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle the reserved crushed oreos on top.
- Place the coated truffles back into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Decorate your way: This recipe for oreo cookie balls makes things easy by using crumbled oreo on top of the balls, but you can really finish them any way you see fit: by adding sprinkles, an extra drizzle of white or dark chocolate, an embedded oreo half, or by leaving them plain.
How to store: Once the chocolate shells have completely cooled and hardened, place the finished oreo truffles in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
How to freeze: Place leftover oreo balls in a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, allow them to thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for about an hour at room temperature in a dry, cool place.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Category: Cookies
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo truffles, oreo cookie balls