- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Coconut Curry Rice:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 lime wedges
- Marinate the chicken: Combine chicken breasts with marinade ingredients (yogurt, oil, paprika, salt and pepper) in a mixing bowl. Stir well with a spatula to coat the chicken well. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes over medium high heat until the hot and the oil starts to sizzle and shimmer. Place the marinated chicken on the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side until brown. Chicken does not need thoroughly cooked at this point. Transfer the chicken onto a plate.
- In the same skillet, add onions, garlic, ginger, jalapeno and bay leaves. Stir to cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add rice and stir well to combine. Add coconut milk and water. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in soy sauce and red curry paste. Mix well with a spatula to coat the rice evenly.
- Spread the rice evenly into a uniform layer and place the chicken back into the skillet. Cover the lid and turn the heat down to medium low. Simmer for 10 minutes until all water has evaporated.
- Sprinkle finely chopped cilantro or parsley on top and a drizzle of lime juice, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: one pot coconut curry chicken and rice, one pot thai red curry chicken and rice, one pot chicken and rice, coconut curry rice with chicken