Easy and delicious homemade mushroom and arugula skillet pizza with a perfectly crispy pizza crust is topped with mushrooms, arugula, and mozzarella cheese.
- 250 grams pizza dough
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2-3 cremini (brown) mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Turn the oven broiler to high. Heat a cast-iron skillet on the stove, over medium-high heat.
- Transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Sprinkle some flour if needed to prevent stickiness.
- Have your pizza sauce and ingredients prepped and ready close by. Once the skillet is hot, place the flattened dough onto the skillet. Stretch out the dough a bit more to let it spread over the entire skillet. Quickly add the pizza sauce and spread evenly over the pizza crust. Place sliced mushrooms and fresh mozzarella cheese on top.
- Leave the pizza to cook on the skillet for 5 minutes or until the bottom of the crust starts to brown.
- Transfer the cast-iron skillet to the preheated broiler and cook for 3 minutes or until the crust is blistered and slightly charred. Keep your eye closely on the broil, because the intense heat can make pizza crust burn quite quickly. Remove the skillet and transfer the pizza onto a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula with olive oil. Top pizza with arugula mixture. Slice pizza into 4-6 pieces with a knife or pizza cutter and serve.
Use an oven-safe skillet. I recommend using a cast-iron skillet. It makes things so easy because you can easily transfer the pizza from the stovetop to the oven without taking it out of the skillet. If you don't have a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet, you can use a regular skillet, and carefully transfer the pizza to a parchment-lined baking sheet to broil.
Make your own pizza dough. If you have the time, I recommend making your own pizza dough. It really makes a difference in the taste and texture of the pizza. Try homemade pizza dough or sourdough pizza dough which yields an airy and chewy crust with great flavour.
Prep your ingredients before you start. Have your pizza sauce and toppings prepped and close by before you start. Once your pizza dough hits the skillet, you will need to add the sauce, mushrooms and mozzarella immediately.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mushroom and arugula skillet pizza, easy skillet pizza, skillet pizza, neapolitan pizza, skillet neapolitan pizza, vegetarian pizza, mushroom pizza, arugula pizza