These maple roasted carrots with yogurt sauce are not only stunning, but they get all caramelized and crispy around the sides from the maple syrup… pure perfection!
- 2 bunches carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and crushed (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place carrots on a parchment lined baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Distribute evenly between the carrots on all sides.
- Roast carrots for 20 minutes, rotating once half way through. Remove carrots from the oven and drizzle on maple syrup. Toss to coat, then cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- While carrots are cooking, you can make the yogurt sauce. Combine Greek yogurt, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped tarragon in a small bowl. Add water to thin it out so it’s pourable, whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Once carrots are cooked, Drizzle with yogurt sauce, then top with fresh tarragon and toasted walnuts. Serve immediately.
If you like a little heat, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne powder to the seasoning blend for the carrots.