New England Lobster Rolls are a classic sandwich loaded with fresh lobster meat. Make them in just 10 minutes and serve them all summer long.
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked lobster meat (from 3 small lobster tails), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon green onions (or chives), finely chopped
- 3 hot dog buns
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a medium mixing bowl, add lobster meat, mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Carefully open the hot dog buns without tearing them apart, and spread some butter on the inside. Place the hot dog buns face down (on the buttered side) on a hot skillet and toast over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Divide the lobster mixture between the toasted hot dog buns and sprinkle some green onions on top. Serve immediately.
How to store lobster rolls: You should never leave lobster out at room temperature for more than 2 hours — so keep any extra filling in the fridge. Store the lobster salad filling in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, but it's best enjoyed sooner rather than later. Also try not to assemble your rolls until it’s time to eat because they’ll quickly become soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lobster rolls, new england lobster rolls, new england sandwiches, lobster sandwich