Instant pot chicken fried rice is easy to throw together, packed with flavor, and delicious. It's perfect for a weeknight family dinner or meal prep.
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken breast (about 2.5 oz.), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice (such as jasmine rice or basmati rice), rinsed well
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- ½ tablespoon green onions (about 1 full stem), chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Turn on the sauté function on the Instant Pot. Heat oil over high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Add beaten eggs, and stir until scrambled and cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, garlic and chicken and sauté until evenly mixed and tender, about 2 minutes. Chicken does not need to be fully cooked through at this point. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and broth (or water) and stir well until evenly mixed. There should be about 1/2-inch of liquid above the mixture. Adding too much liquid will make fried rice more mushy.
- Switch to pressure cooking mode on manual high and seal the lid. Let the fried rice pressure cook for 3 minutes. Once the time is up, let the fried rice sit in the pot for another 8-10 minutes. This allows the pressure to release slowly, making rice and chicken tender. Quick release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and turn back on the sauté mode. Stir in peas, green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil and cook on high heat until the frozen peas are tender, about 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Rice
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: instant pot chicken fried rice, chicken fried rice in the instant pot, instant pot fried rice, how to make fried rice in the instant pot