Learn how to make homemade chicken and cilantro wontons to celebrate Chinese new year with this easy to follow recipe and instructions on how to fold wontons.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (about 3.5 cups), loosely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 80-90 wonton wrappers
- Combine chicken, cilantro, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil into a food processor.
- Process on low for about 30 seconds until mixture is chopped finely.
- Scoop a spoonful of the chicken mixture into the centre of a wonton wrapper.
- Dip your finger in water and smear along the edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold the wrapper over to create a rectangular shape and press down along the side and top edges to seal the mixture inside.
- Take the two bottom edges and wrap them under to overlap. Add a dap of water on the bottom edges to make them stick together.
- Repeat until all the chicken mixture is used up.
- To store, place wontons on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and freeze for one hour. Then transfer wontons into ziploc bags or tupperware and use as desired.
- Category: Dim Sum
- Method: Folding
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: chicken and cilantro wontons, dumplings, dim sum, chicken wontons, how to make wontons, how to fold wontons, wontons recipe