These sweet and sticky honey garlic chicken wings are baked or air fried until crispy and tossed in a honey garlic sauce. So addictive and so easy to make.
- 1 lb. chicken wings (approximately 10 split wings)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place the chicken wings into a sealable ziploc bag. Add soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake well. Then press the air out of the bag and seal. Press the marinade around the chicken to coat. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Cook the chicken by either cooking in the air fryer or baking in the oven.
- To air fry, place the chicken wings into the air fryer basket and cook at 350 F for 20-22 minutes. Open and shake the basket halfway through to make sure they are cooked evenly.
- To bake in the oven, place chicken on a lined cooking tray and bake at 375 F (190 C) for 35 minutes. Turn the wings halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining soy sauce, honey, water, garlic and cornstarch in a small pot. Heat over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring well to combine. The sauce will get thicker but will be smooth and uniform.
- Once the wings are cooked, allow them to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a large bowl. Pour the honey garlic sauce over the wings and gently toss to combine and coat the wings with the sauce.
- Serve the wings on a plate and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Turn the wings halfway. Whether that means shaking the air fryer basket halfway, or turning the wings halfway when baking in the oven. This will ensure even cooking.
How to double the recipe. If making these wings in the oven, simply double the recipe and bake the wings together in your cooking tray. If you are using an air fryer, being able to easily double the recipe will depend on the size of your air fryer basket. I would recommend cooking it in two batches if you are doubling up, as you don't want to overcrowd your air fryer. This will ensure that the wings are cooked evenly.
How to store. These honey garlic chicken wings are best served fresh. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat them quickly air fryer, oven, or microwave.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: honey garlic chicken wings, chicken wings, air fryer wings, asian chicken wings