Healthy banana bread is delicious and moist and contains no refined sugar or butter. Quick and easy to make with 10 minutes prep and few pantry staples.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ripe banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan (1 lb. loaf pan) with cooking oil spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas using a fork or potato masher. Add coconut oil, honey, sour cream and eggs, and beat together using a hand mixer on medium-high speed until fully blended and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula until just combined and no dry ingredients is visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then invert to remove the loaf. Serve warm or at room temperature. Once cooled, cover the banana bread with plastic cling wrap to retain moisture.
How to customize: This is a basic healthy banana bread recipe that can be customized as you please. You can fold in some chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit into the batter at the last step.
How to ripen bananas: The bananas have to be ripe in order to make this recipe. If they are not yet ripe, place them in a 300F preheated oven for 20 minutes until dark brown. Allow them to cool down to room temperature before using.
How to store: Freshly baked banana can be stored at room temperature, covered well with plastic cling wrap, for up to 2 days. You can also store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How to freeze: Once baked and cooled, wrap the banana bread tightly with plastic cling wrap and place inside a freezer bag or air tight container, and freeze for up to 3 months. You can freeze the entire loaf or slice up and freeze individual slices. To eat, first let them thaw first at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator. You can eat as is, or warmed it up in the microwave, oven or air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (+10 minutes cooling time)
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy banana bread, banana bread, easy banana bread, banana bread with honey, how to make banana bread, healthier banana bread