Mexican chicken Caesar salad is a classic recipe with a twist! Combine your favourite Mexican ingredients to create a salad so tasty and refreshing!
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Caesar dressing
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- pinch of cumin
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- 1 cup corn, cooked and drained
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 handfuls tortilla chips, loosely crumbled
- lime wedges, to serve
- Chicken: Season both sides of the chicken breasts with ground cumin, salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a pan and shallow-fry the chicken breasts until brown and caramelised on both sides. Check that the chicken breasts are sufficiently cooked through (about 8-12 minutes), then remove from the heat and set aside. Slice each breast into small pieces.
- Dressing: Combine Caesar dressing with lime juice. Stir in finely chopped coriander and a pinch of cumin. Set aside.
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine chicken and remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lime wedges.