For something quick and satisfying, grilled chicken and avocado burritos are the kind of creamy, gooey goodness with a bit of a crunch that you will want to make over and over again. So serve this up at your Cinco de Mayo party or at your next get-together, and even the pickiest of eaters will ask for more!
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese (any kind you like)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped + some more for decoration
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Place avocados in a large bowl. Pour lemon juice all over it to prevent it from discolouring. Season with salt and pepper. Add grilled chicken, grated cheese, cilantro and chilli powder. Toss to combine.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions. Working one at a time, spread 1 tablespoon sour cream on each tortilla. Place 1/6 of the stuffing in the center of each tortilla. Bring the bottom edge of the tortilla tightly over the filling, folding in the sides. Continue rolling until the top of the tortilla is reached. Repeat until all the ingredients are used.
- Heat a grill pan. Grill the burritos over medium heat around 3 minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted. Remove from a heat.
- Place your burritos on serving plates, sprinkle with the remaining cilantro. Serve hot with extra lemon or lime wedges, Greek yogurt or your favourite sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: Mexican