Grilled cheese roll ups are a fun twist on a classic grilled cheese that gives you a hot handheld lunch to enjoy. They're kid-friendly and easy to make.
- 10 slices cheddar cheese slices
- 10 slices white toast bread
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Remove the crust from the bread and use a rolling pin to roll it out to 1/4-inch thick.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese into the center of the bread and roll it up tightly.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and place grilled cheese roll ups on top and cook until all sides are crispy and golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. You may have to cook in 2 batches.
- Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any excess butter. Serve warm.
rolling pin at home, you can improvise with a sturdy cup or glass. You can even try to flatten the bread with the palm of your hands.If you don’t have a
How to store: Grilled cheese roll ups are best eaten fresh, but they will last in the refrigerator for up to three days. Store them in an airtight container.
How to reheat: Reheat the roll ups in the same way that you cooked them on the stovetop, or pop them in a preheated 350 F oven or air fryer for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled cheese roll ups, grilled cheese sandwich, grilled cheese, grilled cheese snack