Fresh strawberry pie is a delicious, summer dessert loaded with juicy strawberries and homemade strawberry glaze with no jello, in a flakey pie crust.
- 1 single 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare the pie dough. If using homemade pie dough, roll out the pie dough and place it into a 9-inch pie dish. Gently press down and trim any excess dough from the sides. Use a fork or your fingers to crimp the edges. If using a store-bought pie crust, it should already be pressed into a disposable pie dish.
- Blind bake the crust. Blind bake the pie crust for 20 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. If you are using store-bought pie dough, blind bake according to the package instructions. (To help the crust stay in place while baking, you can fill with pie weights for the first 10 minutes, and then remove). Once baked, transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make the strawberry glaze. While the crust is baking, prepare the strawberry glaze by adding 2 cups strawberries to a medium saucepan. Use a fork to mash the strawberries. Then add sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cornstarch. Stir well until well combined and bring to a simmer over medium heat until thickened to a desired consistency, about 5 minutes. (Do not use high heat to cook the glaze and stir constantly to make sure the mixture is cooked evenly). Set side and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Assemble the filling. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining 3 cups strawberry with cooled strawberry glaze and toss well to coat evenly.
- Assemble the pie. Carefully transfer the strawberry mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or longer) until the filling is set completely.
- Serve. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
How to store: Fresh strawberry pie is best served fresh the day that you make it, to prevent the crust from being soggy when served. If you have leftovers, you can store this fresh strawberry pie lightly covered in plastic cling wrap for up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator (but expect the pie to get runny and the crust to get a little soggy).
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fresh strawberry pie, strawberry pie, strawberry pie with no jello, easy strawberry pie, how to make strawberry pie, summer fruit pie