This crostini topped with sweet, juicy figs and paired with tangy goat cheese and crunchy pistachios is so flavourful and perfect for snacking on or entertaining.
- 1 french baguette, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 oz.) package goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz.) package of fresh figs
- 1/4 cup pistachios, unshelled and toasted
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar or honey, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place as many pieces of sliced baguette on a rimmed baking sheet as you can fit. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake until crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a small spatula, spread about 1 tablespoon goat cheese on each crostini, covering most of the bread.
- Remove stem on figs and cut into quarters. Layer figs on top of goat cheese. Sprinkle with toasted pistachios, then season with a little sea salt and black pepper on each crostini. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or honey (or both!). Serve immediately.