Double chocolate loaf cake is rich, intensely flavored, and a total show stopper this Valentine’s Day. It is dense and chewy, but it tastes like fudge!
- 1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup(or 1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper, then grease with baking spray.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add butter, eggs, vanilla, and yogurt, and beat slowly, turning the speed up as the ingredients begin to blend. Beat on medium high speed for 2-3 minutes, until fully blended and smooth.
- Turn the mixer off and add boiling water. Beat until completely incorporated and batter is smooth and shiny, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Fold in chocolate chunks or chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with few to no crumbs. Let cool 10-15 minutes, then invert to remove loaf. Serve warm or at room temperature.