Super crispy air fryer french fries are tender and fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Make this healthier french fry in just 12 minutes!
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- pinch of black pepper, to taste
- flaked sea salt, for serving
- Preheat the air fryer on 375 F for 5 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes into long strips (french fry shape), roughly 1/4-inch thick. (I keep the skin on but you can peel the skin if you prefer).
- Transfer sliced potatoes into a large bowl and add olive oil, salt, garlic powder (optional), and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place a single layer of potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook for 12-13 minutes, until crispy and golden. Do not overlap the potatoes as they will not cook evenly and crispy. I usually have to do this in 2 batches for the size of my air fryer.
- Serve immediately with some flaked sea salt on top and a side of ketchup, spicy mayo or other dipping sauce.
Equipment used: I used the Philips Digital Turbostar Air Fryer. We love it and have only good things to say about it.
How to double the recipe: You can double or triple the recipe, but you will have to make it in batches. To get tender but crispy french fries, you need to place them in the air fryer basket in one layer. If you start stacking them up and overcrowding the basket, they will not cook evenly and you may not get that crispy texture.
How to bake in the oven: To bake in the oven instead, spread the fries in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 425 F, flipping the fries over halfway.
- Category: Potato Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy air fryer french fries, air fryer fries, french fries, easy french fries, quick french fries, how to make french fries in the air fryer