Creamy raw broccoli slaw is a healthy, vegetable-forward dish that is packed with so much flavour from the homemade creamy dressing, salty feta, and lots of sweet raisins — you will be shocked that it’s actually good for you!
- 2 small heads of broccoli (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayo (could subtitute sour cream or greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the bottoms off the heads of broccoli so you’re left with small sized florets. Trim the bottoms so they’re not longer than 1-inch, then roughly chop and place in a large bowl.
- Combine broccoli with cabbage, feta, raisins, pine nuts, and scallions.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, dijon, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, salt and pepper, then stir to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk until all ingredients are incorporated (Add additional 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil if you like a thinner sauce). Toss all ingredients together, then let sit for 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.