Creamy broccoli slaw salad is healthy, delicious, and flavourful. It's packed with crunchy vegetables, salty feta, sweet raisins, and a creamy dressing.
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 2 small heads), chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about ½ lemon)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the bottoms off the heads of broccoli so you’re left with small sized florets. Then, trim the bottoms so they’re not longer than 1-inch, and roughly chop.
- In a large mixing bowl or serving bowl, combine broccoli, cabbage, feta, raisins, pine nuts, and scallions.
- In a small mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk until all ingredients are incorporated. You can add additional 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil if you prefer a thinner dressing.
- Add dressing to the slaw, and toss all ingredients together. Let the slaw sit for 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.
airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Typically, I would recommend storing salads with the dressing on the side to avoid the veggies from getting too soggy. However, the raw broccoli really holds its shape even with dressing. In fact, the longer you store the salad, the better it gets as it allows all the flavors from the dressing to infuse into the broccoli.: Store the salad in an
How to make this vegan: You can easily make this a vegan salad by substituting the mayonnaise with a vegan mayonnaise, and leaving out the feta cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Wait Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy raw broccoli slaw, raw broccoli salad, creamy broccoli salad, broccoli slaw with feta, slaw salad with broccoli