Creamy garlic mushrooms are a simple, delicious, and easy side dish. This comforting family favorite that is quick and easy to make in just 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. brown mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half cream)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until nicely browned on all sides.
- Add butter, garlic and flour. Stir well for 1 minute until fragrant and well combined.
- Add heavy cream, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Stir in extra pepper and cheese, if desired. Serve over pasta, mashed potatoes, risotto, or rice.
When bringing your mushrooms home from the grocery store, they will probably have some dirt on them. The best way to clean them is to wipe them with a damp paper towel one at a time before rinsing them with cold water. Never soak mushrooms since they will absorb water like a sponge.
How to store: Store leftover creamy garlic mushrooms in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes. If the sauce has thickened up too much in the refrigerator, then add a splash of water until desired consistency is reached.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy garlic mushrooms, skillet mushrooms, mushroom side dish, creamy mushrooms, easy mushroom recipe