Delicious, garlicky, cheesy and creamy brussels sprouts bake is the ultimate comfort food side dish. So flavourful and the best way to eat brussels sprouts.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped (approximately half medium onion)
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sharp white cheddar (or mozzarella), freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt butter in cast-iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add brussels sprouts, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Sauté until the brussels sprouts are crispy and start to char, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, and add cream, cheddar and Parmesan. Stir to combine and until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Transfer skillet into oven and bake for 15 minutes. To get it extra charred on top, place under the broiler on high for an extra 1-2 minutes. Keep a close eye on the broiler so that it does not burn.
Equipment used: cast-iron skillet or an oven safe skillet (you could also sauté the ingredients in a regular skillet and then transfer into a casserole dish to bake).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy brussels sprouts bake, cheesy brussels sprouts, baked brussels sprouts with cheese, creamy baked brussel sprouts, skillet brussels sprouts