Chickpea Greek salad is a fresh, healthy, vibrant, and colorful salad, packed with traditional Mediterranean ingredients, superfoods, and nutrients.
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- In a large serving bowl, combine the salad ingredients including mixed greens, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cucumber, olives and feta cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, make the dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour Greek salad dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add more salt and black pepper to taste.
airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to one week. Add the dressing just before eating. This will prevent the salad from getting soggy. In addition to waiting to dress the salad, you can store paper towels in the container that your greens and veggies are in. This will absorb excess moisture and keep your salad looking alive and fresh.To make ahead, store the salad and dressing separately in
How to store: If you anticipate leftovers, do not add all the dressing to the salad, rather serve the dressing on the side and add it to your own plate. You can store the salad with the dressing but depending on which greens you use in the salad, it may cause them to go limp when stored. If storing salad that has been mixed with the dressing, you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. If storing separately, it will last up to 1 week.
How to make it vegan: This chickpea Greek salad is easy to make vegan and dairy-free. Just leave out the feta cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: chickpea greek salad, greek salad with chickpeas, easy chickpea salad, mediterranean chickpea salad, chickpea salad, greek salad