Cheesy roasted asparagus is a quick and easy side dish made with a handful of simple ingredients in 20 minutes. They’re garlicky, cheesy, and flavorful.
- 1 pound medium asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place asparagus on a large half sheet baking pan and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle minced garlic on top and drizzle with olive oil. Use a spatula to toss well to coat evenly.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese evenly over the asparagus. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 3-4 minutes until the melted cheese turns golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Varying cook times: If your asparagus is large and thick, they’ll need 15 minutes to bake. If they’re thin, take them out at 10 minutes. Keep in mind that the extra 5 minutes of broiling will not just melt the cheese—it will cook the asparagus. So, be careful not to overcook the veggies.
How to store: After it cools to room temperature, store cheesy roasted asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
How to reheat: Reheat cheesy roasted asparagus in a 425F oven for about 10 minutes until warm and cheese has melted again.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesy roasted asparagus, roasted asparagus with cheese, cheesy garlic roasted asparagus, how to roast asparagus, how to cook asparagus in the oven