Vegetarian cauliflower tacos are loaded with air-fried or baked cauliflower, a delicious seasoning blend, and creamy lime cilantro slaw inside a tortilla.
For the cauliflower:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the cilantro lime slaw:
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed (from 1/2 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage)
For assembling the tacos:
- 8 corn tortillas or flour tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 cup red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Cook the cauliflower:
- In a large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag, add cauliflower, oil, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well until evenly coated.
- Cook the cauliflower by roasting them in the oven or cooking in the air fryer:
- To cook in the oven: Preheat oven to 400F. Spread the seasoned cauliflower florets in a single layer in a large half sheet baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20- 25 minutes until tender and the edges become crispy.
- To cook in the air fryer: Transfer the seasoned cauliflower into the air fryer basket and cook at 375F for 15 minutes until tender and the edges become crispy.
- Set aside on a plate until ready to assemble the tacos.
Make the cilantro lime slaw:
- In a medium mixing bowl, add yogurt, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir well until smooth.
- Place coleslaw mix in a large mixing bowl and pour in the dressing. Toss well to combine and coat evenly.
Assemble the tacos:
- Heat the tortillas according to the package instructions, or heat in an ungreased cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds per side. You can also heat corn tortillas directly on a gas burner for a few seconds per side to get char marks on the edges. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Divide the cilantro lime slaw into each tortilla. Top with cooked cauliflower, red onions, and cilantro. Squeeze in some lime juice, if desired. You can also serve cauliflower tacos with a drizzle of Cilantro Lime Dressing or Lime Crema.
How to store: Store the ingredients for cauliflower tacos separately. Allow the cooked cauliflower to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container, and store for up to 3-4 days. You can store the cilantro lime slaw for up to 2-3 days.
How to reheat: Reheat cauliflower in the oven or air fryer at 350F until warm, about 5 minutes. Then, assemble the cauliflower tacos as directed, or eat them on their own.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Cauliflower tacos, vegetarian tacos, tacos with cauliflower, air fryer cauliflower tacos