Showstopping carrot bundt cake with cream cheese glaze is light, fluffy, and moist. It's loaded with sugar, spice, and everything nice -- including freshly grated carrots.
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium carrots (2 cups), finely grated
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 4 oz. cream cheese (1/2 package), at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Whisk together until evenly distributed and combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, olive oil, sugar, vanilla and carrots until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into dry flour mixture and fold together using a spatula until just combined and no dry ingredients are visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the carrot cake cool for 10-15 minutes in the bundt pan on a wire cooling rack, then turn it upside down onto the wire cooling rack to remove. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
For the cream cheese glaze:
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and milk (1/2 tablespoon at a time) and beat until smooth and desired consistency is reached. The icing should be thin enough to pour but thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. If the icing is too thin, add in a little more sugar. If it is too thick, add in a little more milk.
- Use a spoon to slowly drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the cooled bundt cake and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
How to store: Store this freshly baked carrot bundt cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days (if cream cheese glaze has not been added), or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week (if cream cheese glaze has been added).
How to freeze: This carrot bundt cake freezes beautifully. To freeze, cut the baked and cooled carrot bundt cake into the portions you will want to thaw. Then, wrap each piece tightly in several layers of plastic wrap. Store in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. If possible, I would recommend freezing the cake before adding the glaze as it can smudge when storing. To eat, allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
How to reheat: If desired, you can also warm up this carrot cake in the microwave, oven, or air fryer at 300F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
How to make it dairy-free and vegan: This carrot bundt cake is already dairy-free without the frosting, and you can make it vegan by substituting the eggs with 1 cup of a vegan egg OR 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot bundt cake with cream cheese glaze, carrot bundt cake, easy carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, easter bundt cake, carrot cake