Crispy flatbread, warm, melty goat cheese with garlic and herbs, and mounds of sweet onion. You seriously cannot go wrong with caramelized onion and herbed goat cheese flatbread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine or red vinegar
- 4 store-bought flatbreads or naan bread
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened, room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 - 4 oz. microgreens (or fresh arugula)
- Caramelize the onions: In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes, making sure to lower heat if they begin to cook too quickly. When onions are a deep caramelized brown, add salt and pepper, then stir to combine. Remove from heat, add vinegar, then let cool.
- Prepare the flatbreads: Place flatbreads or naan in a toaster oven (conventional oven is also fine) and cook until slightly crispy. Remove and let cool.
- Prepare the herbed goat cheese: Combine goat cheese, garlic, and thyme in a small bowl and stir with a spatula until well mixed.
- Assemble: To serve, spread a thin layer of goat cheese on each flatbread or naan. Add a generous portion of caramelized onions, then top each with fresh microgreens. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes